Kombucha is a healthy drink made from Japanese tea fungus – kombucha. Kombucha has been used in Eastern Europe, Russia and Japan for several centuries. The name itself – Kombucha – originated in Japan in 415.
In ancient times kombucha was a privilege only for the royal people and it was treated as untouchable secret in Japan. Over thousands of years ago, the Japanese Emperor invited the Chinese emperor as his guest.
When the visit ended, the kindly host wanted to give his esteemed guest something valuable, as a memorable gift.
Of course, kombucha was the gift and so the chinese royals introduced the same regimen regarding the gift in their country. But the humane Chinese Emperor wanted to give his poor people gifts, so the mysterious fungus travelled all over the Asian continent towards the whole world.
Russia has a long tradition of using this healthy drink, called “tea kvass” in that area, and it is made of the Japanese mushroom.
From Russia, the beverage spread to Prussia, Poland, Germany and Denmark but it seems to have disappeared during the Second World War.
After the war Dr.Rudolph Skelnar renewed the interest in kombucha in Germany when he started to use it in his practice in treating cancer, metabolic disorders, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Kombucha fungus is composed of gelatin-like and tenacious fungal membrane with the shape of a flat disk. The fungus lives in a nutrient solution of tea and sugar, where it constantly reproduces.
Dr. Dan Wen of Japan, based on their experiences with the use of Kombucha – fluid in the treatment of many patients did fairly long list of diseases treated in this way. The list was later expanded by some famous doctors:
- prolongs life
- prevents wrinkling
- serves as cancer prevention, improves breathing
- relieves osteoarthritis, provides a positive effect on articular rheumatism
- clean blood vessels, gives beneficial effect on the regeneration of the cell membrane and in cases of myocardial
- enhances the flavor of foods
- eliminates hepatic impairment
- reduces body weight
- eliminates the driving nausea
- helps in the treatment of chickenpox and shingles
- relieves symptoms of menopause
- strengthens leg muscles
- increases the power
- treats diseases of the hands and feet, back, cataracts, insomnia
- strengthens the kidneys
- softens, dissolves gallstones and clean
- stops diarrhea
- treats hemorrhoids
- have a positive effect on hair growth and quality
- cleanses the blood
- treats the skin myoma
- reduces blood cholesterol
- enriches useful micro flora in the intestines
- strengthens weak immunity
- normalizes the acid-base balance